At Macaw Activewear we are committed to protecting your privacy. As part of the selling process, we collect personal information such as your name, address and email address to process your order and delivery.
What information do we collect?
When you visit our store, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view and information about how you interact with our site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
What do we use your information for?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through our site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this order Information to:
- Personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- Improve our website and your shopping experience (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- Improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services in instances such as:
- Administer a contest, special promotion, survey, activity or other site feature.
- Send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you important information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us on our contact information below.
What technologies do we use to collect device information?
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on our site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse our site.
When you place an order through our site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Our store is hosted on Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products to you.
Your data is stored in Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall payment You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa and MasterCard.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
You are responsible for your own username and password safety and security on our website. We recommend choosing a strong password and changing it frequently. Please do not use the same login details (email and password) across multiple websites.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
This site is not intended for individuals under the age of majority in your state.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com